Try the proven combination of nutrient-rich beets, white Kampot pepper and flower of salt in this recipe for healthy hummus, which has a magical colour. Beets and white Kampot pepper complement each other flawlessly thanks to their typical earthy flavours.
The author of the recipe is Annamaria (@annamaria_bilasova), a lifestyle blogger and author of the simplicité blog, who has discovered the magic of minimalist flavouring and prepared this tasty recipe with our spices for you.
- 1 can of white beans (instead of beans you may try chickpeas)
- 1 medium-sized boiled beets (precooked beets from the store can be used)
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil (can be replaced by olive or sesame oil)
- 1 tbsp. yogurt (we recommend coconut, soy or Greek yogurt, or it can be omitted completely)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 tsp. of ground chilli
- 1/2 tsp. Ravaneō N°15 Flower of Salt
- 1/3 tsp. Ravaneō N°03 White Kampot Pepper
- water from boiling the beets
- Cut the cooked beets into cubes and put them in a blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix the mixture until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water from the boiled beets to dilute it.
- Serve the hummus on a plate and sprinkle it with sesame and chopped pistachios, season with salt and pepper.
Tips from Annamaria on how to serve beet white bean hummus:
- we can just spread it on fresh pastries, crackers or use it in the preparation of avocado toast,
- bite fresh crispy vegetables (e.g. carrots or cucumbers) with it,
- it is also suitable for salads as a dressing or as a creamy “sauce” for pasta,
- use it in the preparation of cocoa-beet brownies,
- fill a tortilla with it and complement with ingredients you like (e.g. fried tofu, vegetables, avocado, possibly meat – steak, pieces of roasted chicken or turkey)
Besides great recipes, you can also find beauty and fashion tips on the inspiring simplicité blog – it is definitely worth a visit! Thanks Anamaria for the recipe and you, our readers, for cooking with us.